Monday, October 18, 2010

Silk Ribbon Embroidery- Sampler




My Sunflower is solitary no more,I have added more flowers and leaves. Actually I am trying out the stitches which I am learning and the result is quite good! There is no design as such but it may end up as a floral wreath as I am following the curve of the hoop.
The Ribbon stitch is very useful. The pink flowers, daisy ,sunflower and the leaves are made with it.
The centres are made of French Knots.
There is one Spider Rose in deep fushia pink .
The double colored flowers have been done in LazyDaisy and ribbon stitch worked with deeper blue. We can put beads to complete the centres.
I am doing this on matty cloth with the cross-stitch needle which I dug out from from my cupboard .
One can get detailed information about the stiches used in SRE here.

6 comments:

  1. Great Job! I wish more people would do silk SRE

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful works i couldn't take my eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anita i came across your beautiful blog today and i really liked your work, it is beutiful and colourful. The above ribbon emb. sampler, if this is a sample then i can imagine what you will be doing as an expert. It is just beautiful. I too have fallen in love with silk ribbon emb. and have tried my hand at it. Looking forward to beautiful work from you.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete