My Online Shop

Please visit my online shop ArtyCrafty free shipping!

Monday, May 14, 2012

Paper Flowers


Paper flowers can be made easily at home with paper punches or even without them! I have made the roses and large green leaves using scissors. The finely cut white leaves are of course punched.
There are plenty of tutorials about making paper flowers, I am still learning so have a long way to go before I write a proper tutorial. But this is what I have learnt till now with good results.
The basic petal shape of most flowers is a tear drop , one can draw and cut out the shape from a piece of paper folded multiple times and make several petals at one go.Stick them in a circle and a flower is done. The centre can be made with a 3D silver/gold.
The cala lily is nothing but a heart shape folded over with the tip pointing upwards. Put in a rolled piece of yellow paper for stamen and its ready!
A leaf is also a tear drop like a petal and quite easy to draw and cut.
All the flowers and leaves have been made with A4 paper used for the Printer, I had to color it as necessity is the mother of invention and I have to be really creative with my limited art supplies!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Anita,
    Wonderful Flowers. Wonderful Leaves. wonderful Colours. Simply wonderful work.
    Keep Posting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Love this.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete